Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sep 9 07

September 9, 2007

We had a great day at church! Attendance was up. The Primary kids were cooperative and a lot of fun. I had a new little 3-year-old girl come in. She cried when Casper left her alone, then came and climbed up on my lap. I suggested we sing some songs to make her feel better, but since she was on my lap I would need the kids to be the singing leaders. They had such fun doing that. They held the book just like I do and sang very well. As they sang, and earlier as they read our scriptures that are on the board, something whispered to me that this is indeed progress. It was nice. Sometimes our progress is so hard to see. I was truly delighted at how well the kids know those songs and scriptures.

Abbitt taught a wonderful Sunday School lesson. We spoke in Sacrament meeting and felt good about that. Robert used a talk he had given as Bishop about the difference between being perfect and striving to do the best you can. We never get any feedback on anything we do, so I can’t speak for the rest of the congregation, but it was certainly exactly what I needed to hear and did much to lift my spirits. I plagiarized Veda’s talk on the Book of Mormon and it was just what I wanted to say. Thanks, Veda!

After church Robert spent an hour counseling with Paula and her daughter, who actually made good on yesterday’s promise and came to church. Byron and Juliet also came, much to our pleasant surprise. Anyway, Robert talked with both Paula and Shela about an abuse issue in their home and they asked to meet with us again next Tuesday. I made two trips getting people home while he did the counseling. This was once I preferred taxi service duty. Abuse counseling is pretty heavy stuff for a non-professional.

This afternoon we helped load chairs for a birthday party, wrote our monthly newsletter, answered the door 50 times to give out candy. Thankfully the candy is gone and we are not buying more until Halloween!

2 comments:

Andi and Cade said...

You're going to have record Trick or Treaters when the word spreads about your stash. Glad it was a good Sunday, fun to hear about.

glo said...

What a lovely day! I'm so glad you were able to catch a glimpse of the light you've helped the Lord share with Cibecue