Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sep 30 07

September 30, 2007

Best story of the whole mission. I’m playing the Sacrament hymn and out of the corner of my eye I see Robert jump up and run out of the chapel…literally running. Next thing I know President comes down and says to sing ALL the verses of our song. So we sing them all and just as we get to the last verse Robert comes back in. We finish the song and I sit down and ask what happened. Robert got the most priceless look on his face and confessed, “I forgot the bread.” Apparently just as we started to sing Bonito realized there was no bread, came down and told Robert, who made a mad dash to the trailer while the guys just stood up front waiting (and singing). We had so much on our minds today with the cinnamon rolls, and soup, and a baby being blessed, and conference coming up. It just completely slipped his mind. However, as the song ended the bread was broken and ready to be passed.

We had a good turnout to church today. When we counted for lunch we had 40 adults and probably 20 kids, including one of the nonmenber ladies who went to Show Low with us yesterday. Miraculously we had enough food for everyone. I made stew, Maxine made chicken noodle soup, and Sister McNeil made minestrone soup. Roma brought fry bread and we had the now famous cinnamon rolls. It was a really good lunch.

Last night at 9:30 I was looking at 70+ cinnamon rolls that needed to be frosted and pure inspiration hit. Why not let the Primary children do some service? So we put up a couple of tables in the cultural hall, since it was 5th Sunday and the Relief Society and Priesthood were meeting together in the chapel. And put the kids to work. They loved it. They actually sat still and frosted all 70 in about half an hour. Then we just sat and talked about why we fast, and what a testimony is, for the rest of the time.

Murphy blessed his new granddaughter today. What a great first for the branch!

At our morning meeting President told us that Maxine made some sort of mistake with their money this month and last week they had no money to go to Salt Lake. So he went to a place where he could take out a loan on his 401K from his work. They approved the loan, but told him it takes at least 2 weeks to get the money. Four days later the loan company called and said his money is ready and he can pick it up tomorrow. He was elated. He said he hadn’t really been worried about the money because he knew that somehow the Lord would make it possible for them to go. And He did.

Here’s our faith-promoting story for the day. Last night I turned off my computer, but it didn’t respond. I was so tired I just closed it down and hoped it would solve its own problem somehow during the night. It didn’t. This morning it was completely frozen up. I couldn’t even force quit anything. I said a quick prayer, because we still have conference talks we need to get off the internet this week (although the other couple brought all but 2 or 3 last night when they came from San Carlos). Then I just looked at the computer for a few minutes. The menu was open and next to “force quit” there were some symbols, but I didn’t know what they represented. I figured they had to be keystrokes, but which keys? All of a sudden I thought maybe it’s this key and this one and this one. I pushed them and the computer came right back on. I don’t know if someone had shown me this and I had forgotten, or if I truly never knew how to do it before. Anyway, the scriptures say that “all things will be brought to your remembrance” and that’s just what I felt happened this morning.

Just so we wouldn’t get bored today Thelma got a food order approved, Byron got an order for new beds (oh, good, another DI trip to Phoenix), and Cecil got a food order. We filled out Cecil’s when he came over to use the phone, but need to get Thelma’s done tomorrow. And Cheryl hit me up for 2 sticks of shortening. Now that’s a good day when I get off that easy with Cheryl.

2 comments:

Andi and Cade said...

Thanks for the TWO inspiring stories of the day. :) I as sorry that your computer is being weird... But so thankful it booted up in time.

glo said...

The Lord is truly helping you guys out right now! Way to power past Satan! ;)