Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sep 29 07

September 29, 2007

Every day on the mission is a new experience. Today we swapped places. Robert stayed home and cooked and I took the ladies to Show Low in “The Beast.” For our Fast Sunday lunch, LaFawn Wilcock made cinnamon rolls, but she’s not going to be here. so last night Robert met them at the turnoff on their way to the valley and got the frozen cinnamon rolls. Good plan, except we have no freezer space, so we just put them in the frig. I began my own batch of cinnamon rolls about 9:00 and at 9:30 LaFawn called and said if the rolls aren’t frozen we need to cook them today. There was no way I had time to cook them all so Robert became cook for the day and finished them after I left. He did a great job. I think I’m ready to turn over all the cooking duties to him. He said that means I have to go with the Elders, so think I’ll just keep my cooking job.

I had 6 ladies show up for the Stake Activity Day, not quite enough to justify taking the truck, so I got to ride in the van with them and Thelma drove. She used to drive a school bus, so The Beast was pretty tame to her. Interestingly, 4 of the 6 ladies were not members. We had a great day in Show Low. The Stake did a fine job. We went to classes on budgeting, book reviews, family history, and colored alphabet pages for their humanitarian project. We had a nice lunch…chicken croissants, made and served by the Stake President and his counselors. They were good, but none of us had ever had grapes in our chicken salad before. Betty and Thelma both managed to stash a few sandwiches in their bags for later. Then we listened to the satellite broadcast, which was excellent. On the way home, the 4 nonmembers told Thelma in Apache that they think they want to start coming to our church. Wouldn’t that just be amazing?

Robert had his own little spiritual feast. President Bonito called and said that the 2 interpreters from San Carlos were coming to discuss their assignments for conference. He asked Robert to come to the meeting, no idea why, but Robert enjoyed it. It turned out to be a testimony meeting. He said he was amazed by the spirituality of this group and could certainly see why these particular people were called to this assignment.

1 comment:

Andi and Cade said...

I wish I had gone to the conference now! Can't wait until you're back here to come with me.