Monday, September 17, 2007

Sep 17 07

September 17, 2007

We managed to combine trailer maintenance, golf, shopping and counseling into one day…a P-day, our day off!

First thing this morning Robert continued his battle against the desert insects, and added rodents to his kill list. Last week Shawn brought us some new mouse bait, so he placed it all around the trailer. We haven’t seen Cue since…not really. He then sprayed the outside of the trailer yet again.

Then we went to Show Low. I gave Cheryl a list of jewelry I’d like her to make for me before we leave and she asked me to pick up some beads for her. We went to the Trading Post and spent a whopping $70 to get everything on her list. When we took it to her tonight we said we’d just apply that money to what she’s making for us. Every time we have anything to do with her we get the royal con job. Why can’t we ever come out ahead? She also asked us to give her money to buy a cake for Tiffini’s birthday this week. I gave her another $25 for that, saying again I’d take it out of what I’ll owe for the stuff she’s making. We’re better off when we just avoid her.

Ricky told us that there’s been another sighting of Bigfoot up by HonDah. This time they saw the whole Bigfoot family. He said it was really true because a white woman saw them this time. Like white people are less prone to exaggeration? And besides that it was on the news. We’re going to watch in a few minutes and see if they have the story again.

While Robert golfed I did some grocery shopping, then we came back and met with Myrna for a while and also with her sister Paula. Myrna’s boyfriend, Rendell, moved out yesterday. Apparently they had quite an ugly scene. She was very frightened, as he kept threatening her. And yes, Beckie, he is in the advanced stages of liver disease.

1 comment:

glo said...

Be kind to Rendell. At that stage, there's so much ammonia in the brain that it rapid-fires and you lose self-control. Add alcohol to the mix, and he may not be responsible - not that that helps Myrna much. I'll pray for her.

And Cue...