April 11, 2007
Wednesday is cleaning day and in addition to our regular cleaning Robert spread weed killer on the 4 million dandelions growing in the lawn around the church. The problem is that if they die there won’t be any lawn at all, as the whole thing seems to consist of just dandelions.
Bill Ghormley, our friendly maintenance man, came again to fix the toilet. There are so many hard minerals in this water that it continually plugs our toilet. They’ve put in a filter but we’re still having trouble. Today Bill had to take it clear apart and flush out the whole system. It wasn’t stopped up, but hardly had any water to refill with, so it would take 30 minutes between every flush before the next person could use it.
I only had Alma and Faith come for piano lessons. Casper came early so we finally got a really good reading lesson. I would so love to help him because he’s such a sweet guy.
While Robert went to Scouts I got to talk on the phone to Veda, Shawn and Beckie. Veda called just as Casper left around 6:30, as soon as she hung up Shawn called to complain because I didn’t talk to him (his story is that I didn’t even ask how he’s doing, and he’s my very own son, and how come I like Veda best…it was real whiny). I had to hang up to answer the cell phone (Alma calling for a ride…couldn’t help her because Robert was gone in the truck), and as soon as she hung up Beckie called and we hung up around 9:45. Lots of good phone time with my kids.
There were 11 boys at Scouts tonight. Nine boys passed their tenderfoot rank and will receive their tenderfoot awards next week.
At 9:00 we thought we were all done for the day, but Bro. Wilcock needed a ride to meet his wife in Carrizzo. He brought an old van down for us to give rides this weekend to Stake Conference in Show Low. Bro McNeil was supposed to come to give him a ride home, but didn’t make it. So we took him to Carrizzo where his wife picked him up and took him home.
The Elders called and said they wanted to come tonight instead of tomorrow afternoon, so when we got home at 10:00 they were here.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment