April 12, 2007
Big news of the day! I won at Scrabble! So why were we playing Scrabble? Because no one came to Homemaking meeting.
More big news! We finished the Book of Mormon today. The Elders read it completely every transfer. But we’re happy that we at least finished it once on our mission.
This morning Robert studied while I put round steak in the crock-pot for dinner, made zucchini bread, and made macaroni and cheese for lunch. I may officially get my Molly Mormon certificate out here.
After lunch we set up the quilt frames, but fortunately didn’t put the quilt on. Then we just set up a few chairs, so we really hadn’t done a lot of preparation. I never heard from Shauna, the activity director, so I planned to make a quilt for Murphy. I don’t know why no one came, unless it’s the weather. It’s cold and windy today. Robert is convinced the calendar isn’t helping because they don’t look at it and they don’t seem to remember the announcements made on Sundays. We have a bit of a disagreement because I hate going around and inviting everyone the day of an activity. I feel like we’re just making them dependent on us when we do that instead of teaching them to plan a little bit. Robert wonders if our efforts are in vain unless we offer incentives such as dinner or prizes. I can tell you unequivocally that won’t happen. If we have to have dinner or prizes to get them to homemaking meeting I figure they’re just not really interested.
I like what Beckie learned at her retreat, that we have to let go of the outcome. Our job is to do what we think is right, and then forget about the outcome. If we’re explaining it right, she learned that the action is our responsibility, then try not to anticipate the outcome, but let what will happen just happen. And give up the disappointment, worry, frustration, etc. that we all experience if the outcome isn’t what we hoped for or anticipated.
This afternoon we visited Myrna. She’s taken a leave from work and is really miserable. She looks like she’s 9 months along instead of 7. We wish this could be over soon for her.
Poor Bill had to come out to Cibecue again today. He brought everything we would need to run the lawnmower and weed whacker (is that the real name or just what the Charltons have always called it?) I think he has high hopes that Robert will trim the weeds around the lawn and keep the place looking a little nicer this summer.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment