Sunday, August 12, 2007

Aug 12 07

August 12, 2007

When we got to church this morning we discovered that President Perkins of the Stake Presidency was coming to Cibecue to give out new recommends. That was great, except we didn’t know ahead of time so no one had their old recommends, so that meant Robert had to run people home after church and bring them back again to get their recommends. Made for a long church day.

I’m discouraged. Rhonda, who was baptized recently, has her boyfriend living with her again already. We had hoped she would be someone we could take to baptisms for the dead at the temple next week. Guess not! Byron, who has been telling us of all his great spiritual experiences, didn’t show to church today. His wife, who was baptized last year, never comes.

Also, Robert is so much more successful than I am. He has been getting people to help with the Sunday School lesson to the point that he hardly ever even has to give one. I’ve tried and tried to get someone to help me with Relief Society and Primary and no one will. I think they just don’t like me very much. I’ve asked, I’ve met with people. I’m so burned out right now, but don’t seem to know how to get their support.

And Holyon’s baptism fell through…again.

The good news is that Abbitt spoke in Sacrament meeting. He told about how someone in town is witchcrafting him, but he called Pres Bonito and got a priesthood blessing and he’s feeling better. It was a bit strange, but really quite a good talk.

It continues to be hot..hot..hot! I’m not sure I can survive two more months of this heat.

2 comments:

HMarie said...

Your blog sounds like many journal entries of mine. I didn't send those home in the weekly faxes but they are definitely recorded elsewhere for posterity. And those are the entries that explain why most of my post-mission anxiety dreams involve getting called back to the mission! We love you and are keeping you in our prayers.

glo said...

ick. The slump days. Where you look around and see absolutely nothing you excpected to see. Sucks. But you are doing something. As I said before, never underestimate machismo and abuse as reasons the women can't move towards self-efficacy. You're fighting a very different battle to his - not a fair comparison. In mission work and weight loss - never wise to mix the sexes.