Monday, October 01, 2007

Oct 1 07

October 1, 2007

Our P-day started out with a visit to Alfred and Thelma. Robert stopped by to see if they had called about their court hearing, but they said the woman was not at her desk. So Robert got the number and called the woman, Pat Begay, who is in charge of their case. She was not very empathetic, and said they would have to show her some good faith effort in order to avoid the eviction.

Then he went golfing and I had my scrapbooking day.

When he got home Henrietta and Amber stopped by. They said Frances got beaten up at the fair in September and hit in the head with a 2x4. Ever since then he’s acted different. That will affect one’s personality, I would suppose. But in addition he’s started drinking and possibly using drugs. They want Robert to visit with him but he’s not here for the next two weeks.

While they were here Byron McNeil came by. He is the economic planner for the tribe and wants to start a business to sell Apache crafts. He wants to put a stand at the Chevron at Carrizo Junction and he wanted to know who we know who could sell items there. Henrietta helped and we gave him several names. He had a meeting with some council members at the church Sunday with President Bonito about this, but none of them came because it was at the Mormon Church. Why he would schedule it there we have no idea. Had he discussed that with us we would definitely have suggested a more neutral location.

As soon as they all left we went over to Alfred and Thelma’s to fill out a food order. Robert told them what Pat Begay said and told them, very pointedly, that they must go over and visit with her before a court date is scheduled. He was very forceful, and you all know how it feels when your dad decides to be forceful. Poor Thelma looked like a little girl in the principal’s office.

Then we went to Byron’s because we needed to change the time for their temple class tomorrow morning. They were fine with the change. We need to meet earlier because we have two food orders to pick up tomorrow. So we’ll meet with Byron and Juliet at 9:00 in the morning then go to snowflake.

At 7:30 we finally came home for dinner. I was very hungry and VERY CRABBY! I’m going to make a sign that says, “When dieting, must be fed every 3 hours or suffer the consequence!”

2 comments:

Andi and Cade said...

I know I really shouldn't be amused by someone getting hit over the head with a 2x4.. but I seriously can't stop laughing.. I love your neutral reaction to the event, it makes me laugh even harder..

I do realize all of this is totally inappropriate.. I will feel bad later for continuing to laugh.

Maybe you need a dieting sign made you for Christmas... Gift ideas anyone.. :)

HMarie said...

If the "force-quit" worked to reset your computer, maybe a second hit with a 2X4 would help???

Did I tell you what Allison said when it rained a couple of weekends ago? She walks out into the rain, looks at me, and says, "Why would it do this?" That's my California girl!