January 28, 2007
Another relaxing Sunday. Ha! But at least I finally met with the Primary President and the other teacher. We outlined a great plan for Primary. Now let’s see if it happens. We divided up the time into 3 sections: I’ll take the first and do music, Roma will take the second and do an activity, and Deoma, the president, will take the third and give a lesson. This meets everyone’s needs as well as we could, except it does require all of us to actually attend church. Roma and Deoma both have children to get ready so it allows them to come in later. Roma doesn’t like to miss Sunday School, so she can finish her part and go down for most of the lesson. While sometimes we’re a little sarcastic about church participation here, we really do feel for these people. I asked Deoma what she knows about Primary and she said nothing. The Stake Primary Presidency came out and met with her once when she was called but she didn’t have a clue what they were talking about. Neither sister had ever heard of the Sacrament meeting program. They didn’t understand about sharing time and they don’t know how to do music. I tried to keep it simple by just dividing it into 3 parts and they said that helped, and they agreed to have a short meeting on the 4th Sunday of every month. So I felt really good about the meeting, but now I can show you how much I’ve learned in just 4 months. I’ll still prepare a sharing time activity and a lesson for next week as well as my music part. Just in case!
Robert gave Brother Wilcock a ride out to the highway after church, but that wasn’t until 2:30. Bro Wilcock was meeting with P. Bonito until then, and Maxine was with her grandma, so Faith and Keegan wandered over to our house. We played games with them and fed them snacks until their dad was ready to go. Poor kids had been at the church since he brought them at 8:30. But we always have fun with them. Then Bro Wilcock came over and visited until it was time to go. Why we gave him a ride is a very long story and not really relevant.
By the time Robert got home we barely had time to get dinner over and then he was supposed to go to a Stake Priesthood Leadership meeting with P Bonito, but Pres. called and decided to go early. I didn’t want Robert to drive up alone so I came with him. So much for the night alone I had planned. So I’m at the Stake Center writing this, being stared at suspiciously by all the priesthood brethren wandering by and wondering if the Relief Society has sent a spy to find out what they do at their meetings. I’m just ignoring all of them. I’d hate to have to tell them the Relief Society doesn’t care what they do. The sisters are just happy to have them out of the house for a night.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment