Sunday, January 07, 2007

Jan 7 07

January 7, 2007

Sunday morning marathon. Had our meeting with Pres. Bonito. I talked to him about starting the Relief Society activities and calling Shauna Henry as an activity specialist. He said perhaps he’d call her as a teacher also. I think that would be good. Since I have Irene’s cooperation he gave us permission to go ahead and start some activities.

Robert taught Sunday School. We’re using the Gospel Principles manual instead of Gospel Doctrine. We think it will be a good change also.

I only had 1 girl for Primary, Naysha. I’m giving CTR rings to anyone who comes 5 times in a row. Good way to protect the CTR rings. But I gave one to Naysha because she always comes. Then the last 5 minutes 8 kids showed up. What in the world do the parents think I can do with them for the last 5 minutes? Why don’t they just keep the kids with them when they come that late? OK…I’m done…that’s my rant for the day.

After church called Alma. They’re keeping the baby another day, even though she’s doing much better. They haven’t taken the oxygen away yet and want to make sure she breathes OK when they do. We were thinking we might have to go get them today, but the van runs tomorrow so they can get a ride home without us. They said they had called all their relatives trying to get some more chips because they enjoyed the ones we took them yesterday so much. We’ll have to take them some more when they get home.

We had also thought we’d do some visiting today, but everyone we wanted to see was either out of town or had sick families. So we ended up with a pretty relaxing Sunday, although about 3:00 a hoard descended. All of a sudden we had cars and people everywhere and the doors to the church were unlocked and people were dragging out chairs and tables. Robert went out and was told Bonito said they could have a birthday party at the church. On Sunday?? Robert tried to call Bonito but no one answered. They had keys so we figured someone must have approved it. And it was Irene’s family…our Relief Society president who of course didn’t stay and look at material with me after church. I couldn’t help but wonder how long it would be before they were here trying to borrow something. I was sitting by the kitchen window when I saw a kid running toward the house. I yelled, “Robert! Incoming!” When he realized what I was talking about he could hardly keep from laughing while he was talking to the poor kid. Happy to say I was wrong. He came over to tell us there was food left and we could come get some. Very sweet. So we went over and visited a bit and fixed a plate of food. They had taco salad, rice, fry bread, cake with fruit salad, enchiladas. Looked very good, but we’ve been in their homes. Came home and cooked steak and potato for supper.

Bertania, Danetra and Amarion came to visit for a while. Other than that we had a nice relaxing Sunday. I can see how demented I’ve gotten when I consider this a relaxing Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Yes, very demented.. But at least you are beginning to believe it is relaxing.. That's the first step to recovery! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

It'll make you appreciate the Sabbath once you come home.