Monday, January 29, 2007

Jan 29 07

January 29, 2007

Started the day being behind and remained behind the whole day. We slept in. That was our first mistake. However, since we were in Show Low until 10:00 last night we felt justified. Once we got up we exercised, cleaned house, Robert got our mail and picked up a job application from the school for Gilbert while I made cookies. Note: do not trust Cindy Miller. I made her recipe for Molasses cookies from the Parker Cookbook and they were awful. I threw the whole batch away and made new ones. We needed something to take to the potluck dinner tonight which we never attended because…

We’re in Phoenix and I’m on my way to Arkansas. Shawn just called and said they’re timing contractions. I’m sooo disappointed. I wanted to be there so I could stay with Ashlin and Jaxon when they go to the hospital. Oh, well. Babies come when babies come.

We had a good temple prep lesson with Cheryl. She really wants to go to the temple. She was very sweet. She said Ricky wants to go too, but he’s not ready. We told her that if Ricky gets ready after we leave we’ll come back to go to the temple with him. She said, “Oh, no, he wants to go while you’re still here.” That was nice.

We also met with Ken Brown today. He didn’t stay long and I was on the phone with Veda and Shawn almost the whole time he was here. He told Robert that 2 couples have never been able to get ARP groups going. One is just visiting people in their homes like we are. The other couple has had pretty good success with marriage/parenting groups. Maybe we’ll try that in March. Until then we’re going to continue with our current approach. We’re loving doing the temple prep.

No comments: