October 15, 2007
P-day at last! Robert had a good day on the golf course. And I had a good day at home. I didn’t get to scrapbook because I had so much to catch up from last week. But that was all right. I just enjoyed not having to run around and/or visit anyone.
Good news! We’ve had two nights below freezing. Hopefully that signals the end of the Arizona summer. We think it will warm up again before winter sets in, but maybe at least a few of the summertime creatures will be encouraged to start their hibernation soon.
Our little thieves are getting ever bolder. Today while I was here they stole one of the bungee cords we use to tie down the garbage cans. They might not have known I was here because the truck was gone, but that’s doubtful because I had the TV on all day.
We had one disappointment yesterday that we forgot to write about. Alfred and Thelma said they would come to conference on their own with Eric, Jared and Rochelle. They never did show up and during the afternoon session President asked Robert to step out in the hall. He told him that Eric did not pass the drug test for that job he was offered from the Housing Authority. The day they did the test Eric told them he just couldn’t get a urine sample for them and could he do it the next day. Guess he thought 24 hours would get rid of the drugs in his system, but the test came back positive for marijuana. It’s disappointing because we felt this job would be really good for him. Also, he told Robert he was ready to go to the temple next month. Obviously that’s not going to happen.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




2 comments:
A TV on proabably means nothing to your little thieves.. It's not like they would notice wasting energy, that would take MUCH to much consideration for something happening outside of themselves!
Still chuckling over the funeral story!
Post a Comment