November 10, 2007
This morning I remembered that we never got the turkeys out of Myrna’s freezer so we could pass them out at church tomorrow. We were meeting Byron and Juliet in Snowflake at 9:00 to get their Temple clothes, so we had to make a double quick run to Myrna’s (thank goodness she was home) and then ran the turkeys back to the refrigerator in the church. We still got to Snowflake 10 minutes before Byron and Juliet.
They were so easy to get the clothes for. They just seemed to know what they wanted. After they left we drove around the temple then went to Wal-Mart. Sharon developed all the pictures she took here so she could give copies to us, and to Byron and Juliet and Alma, and the Elders. She had some great pictures, especially of the Elders crocheting.
I try to keep this Blog positive, and not criticize too many people here, but Sharon has been a difficult houseguest. Despite my strongest objections, guess what she bought Cue today? A CAT BED! A velvety, soft cat bed. Poor thing! He’ll be laughed off the reservation!
We stopped at Pueblo Southwest and then had a lovely lunch at Charlie Clark’s. We drove home through Whiteriver, following several full tourist buses to the attractions. Basha’s was quite a hit. The graffiti on the bathroom walls had been minimized and fewer drunks than usual were hanging around. We also went to Ft. Apache, but the museum was closed. We just drove through and looked at the buildings.
To add to my difficulties with Sharon, when we got home she dragged us over to the church, after an exhausting day, and forced us to walk for 30 minutes. Then after all that she forced a piece of pumpkin pie down my throat, even though I begged her to respect my diet and not force me to eat it. I just don’t think I’ll be able to invite her to Cibecue again.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




2 comments:
Yeah, that Sharon. She's one tough cookie to have around--doing good deeds all the time, being cheerful, teaching people to crochet. It's really disgusting.
Glad to hear things are still in running mode out there on the rez. You're not going to know what to do with yourselves when you get back to civilization.
I can't wait to see that cat house! the next thing you know you're going to be asking us to bring a kitty house so cue can drive home with us!
I am so glad you had a great time with Sharon. She's just one of those people you can't get enough of.
Post a Comment