November 27, 2007
Before going to Snowflake to pick up food for the Christmas dinner we stopped at the clinic to see Michelle Zospah. She filled out the Scout registrations for her 2 sons. While Robert was doing that I gave a ride home to Bonnie Lee. We hadn’t seen her for a long time. She was the girlfriend of the boy who was stabbed last December. She was pregnant at the time, so I asked her about the baby. She said he’s 6 months old, but when I asked how he’s doing she said she doesn’t know because he is with his grandmother.
We’re hoping the dinner this coming Sunday is the last big dinner we have to do here. We are so tired of feeding people. In Snowflake we got the candy and nuts and fruit to make bags to give away to people who come to the dinner. We also got shampoo, razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap and deodorant to make gift bags for homemaking meeting on December 6.
Then we went to Pinetop to mail our Christmas packages, so everyone watch for packages to arrive in 7-10 days. If you try to open them before Christmas they will self-destruct, as did our budget when we had to pay for all those packages. Yikes! We also stopped off and paid Cheryl’s power bill.
We thought we would stop by the trailer just long enough to go to the bathroom and then go out and deliver invitations to the dinner. But the minute we walked in the door Byron, Shawna and Kyesha came. We haven’t talked to them for a long time. They told us that Kyesha has been self-mutilating and threatening suicide. Robert talked with them for over 2 hours and made an appointment to bring Kyesha back Thursday and also talk with the parents that night. They are getting a divorce and not currently living together. Their son, Jaden, is also having serious behavior problems at school.
Finally about 6:00 we left to deliver the invitations. We got home at 7:00 and crashed.
Despite the rumors, I don't live here anymore
8 years ago




2 comments:
Byron and Shawna are getting a divorce?! What?! Oh - how upsetting! No wonder you were so distressed the other night. I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to everyone.
Look for a package of your own soon - I decided you needed an early Christmas present.
I love how there is no longer much emotion in your writing voice as you talk about these octopusland tales. Does that woman realize her child is missing!? Craziness.
Post a Comment